The pinnacle of the canoe sprint domestic season this event will be held at Lake Karapiro in Cambridge. We will see paddlers from all over New Zealand compete for national titles.
Proudly supported by NZ Community Trust and the Waipa District Council, the Championships will be held over three days of racing at Lake Karapiro.
- Novice men/women: K1 100m 200m, 500m
- 12&U men/women: K1 100m, 200m 500m, mixed K2 200, mixed K4 200
- 14&U men/women: K1 200m, 500m, K2 200m, 500m, mixed K4 200m, 500m
- 16&U men/women: K1 200m, 500m, K2 200m, 500m, K4 200m, 500m
- 18&U, 21&U Men/Women, Open/Masters Women: K1 200m, 500m, K2 200m, 500m, K4 200m, 500m
- 18&U Men may enter Open Men K1 1000 and will be awarded separate medals.
- Open Men: K1 200m, 500m, 1000m K2 200m, 500m, K4 200m, 500m
- Masters Men 35-44, 45-54, 55+: K1 200m, 1000m
- Masters Men: K2 200m, 500m, K4 200m, 500m
- Junior (16&U) Mixed K2 200m, K4 200m, 100m relay
- Senior (17+) Mixed K2 200m, K4 200m, 100m relay
Club Relay (new team make-up): 6 members per team must consist of at least 3 females; 2 x U16 or younger, 2 x U18, 2 x Open. The mix is up to you. In all cases, younger paddlers are permitted but not older. Each competitor races a 100m leg. The next person may start once the nose of the predecessor passes the nose of their boat.
Mixed K2 (Junior and Open): The Junior mixed K2 must consist of one male and one female aged 16 or under. The Open Mixed K2 must consist of one male and one female aged 17 or older.
Mixed 12&U and 14&U races: 12&U – Any combination of male/female paddlers is allowed. 14&U just need at least one paddler of a different gender.
|Division||Member fee||Unaffiliated Fee|
|Novice, 12&U, 14&U|
Entries will open in March 2024.
Queries can be directed to Karen.email@example.com