We have reached the end of another fantastic summer of paddling. Looking forward to the remainder of the year and next summer, there will be some trial changes to the CRNZ event calendar for the 2023/24 season.
The major change in the sprint calendar for 2023/24 season is Tikitapu 1 shifting from October to February. This move is due to feedback received from clubs, coaches and paddlers regarding the October date, dropping attendance and the previous rescheduling of Sprint Nationals from February to later in the summer which extended the sprint season significantly.
This is just a trial change for this season and we will be seeking feedback from clubs and paddlers following the season regarding the change.
The 10km Champs in Rotorua has moved into the school holidays where Tikitapu 1 used to be, with the 10km Winter series events being held from June/July up until the champs in on 30 September.
At the request of south island clubs, the south island event has been moved back to its original date in October, and will be the South Island Sprint Champs.
The 2023/24 CRNZ Events Calendar:
- 10km Kayak Krazy Winter Series, June/July – 30th September (individual race dates to be finalised)
- 2023 Aims Games Canoe Sport – 3-5 September, Tauranga
- 2023 10km National Championships – Saturday 30th September, Lake Okareka, Rotorua
- South Island Sprint Champs- 7/8 October, Lake Ruataniwha, Twizel
- Tikitapu 1 – 2/3 December, Lake Tikitapu, Rotorua
- Tikitapu 2– 10/11th February 2024, Lake Tikitapu, Rotorua
- 2024 NZ Canoe Sprint National Championships, 19-21 April 2024, Lake Karapiro
- 2024 Marathon Champs- To be confirmed
Thanks to all clubs, coaches, paddlers and supporters for once again making our events so awesome and for all you continually put into the sport.