The 2023 CRNZ Sports and Recognition Awards will have a new look and some exciting new awards to acknowledge and recognise the outstanding achievements and contributions made by the CRNZ community in the 2022/23 kayaking season.
New date and venue
The 2023 awards will be held on Saturday 2nd December at Lake Tikitapu, following the day’s racing at the Tikitapu 1 canoe sprint event.
We encourage all paddlers and supporters to stay after racing to support and celebrate the award winners and their achievements and contributions to our sport. This will include a BBQ for everyone.
We have adapted and added in some new awards this year, in order to fully recognise the depth of success and service in our sport and community.
The Full Awards list:
- Male Canoe Sprint Athlete of the Year & Female Canoe Sprint Athlete of the Year (Previously just Canoe Sprint Athlete of the Year)
- Ocean Ski Athlete of the Year
- Marathon Athlete of the Year
- Under 23 Athlete of the Year (New award)
- Junior (18U) Athlete of the Year
- Masters Athlete of the Year
- Team of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Official of the Year
- Volunteer of the Year (all recognition award nominees will automatically be considered for Volunteer of the year)
- Paddler NZ “Spirit of Paddling” award (New Award)
Recognising a paddler who exemplifies the spirit of paddling, through sportsmanship, dedication and enthusiasm/love of the sport.
- Recognition Awards (New award)
Recognising significant contributions made to their club, region or nationally over the past year.
- Outstanding Service Awards (previously called Service Awards).
More than 10 years of voluntary service to the sport.
- Excellence Awards
Exceptional level of achievement or contribution to the sport.
- CRNZ Life Membership
The qualifying period is from 1st October 2022- 30 September 2023.
The full list of awards criteria can be found here.
How to Nominate
Nominations will be open from 1st October – 1st November 2023 (midnight).
Nominations are to be made through the online form on the CRNZ website.
- Anyone can nominate someone for a CRNZ award.
- Nominations made by a club must be signed off by 2 club officers.
- There are no restrictions on the number of entries a nominating person/club may enter.
- Previous recipients can be nominated, even if they have been nominated or received an award in previous years.
- A nominee may be entered in more than one category.
For full CRNZ awards information, see the Awards page on our website- https://www.canoeracing.org.nz/crnz/crnz_awards/