KAYAK KRAZY 10KM FINAL RACE
*** 10km CHAMPS CANCELLED ***
Waitara Kayak Club are hosting a replacement event – all welcome.
Waitara Kayak Club Paddle Event
Sat 6 November 9.00am
4km, 8km and 12km options available.
Choose your distance, challenge a mate, or come for a cruise.
Location: Waitara Kayak Club, Waitara Town Bridge
Enter on the day: $10/entry. Food and sausage sizzle after.
Contact Craig 027 442 5301 firstname.lastname@example.org
*** 10KM CHAMPS CANCELLED***
NOTE: If Boyes Beach (Lake Okareka) is flooded we will relocate to Lake Tikitapu (Blue Lake)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to Covid restrictions and the cancellation of club races, we will not be awarding any series prizes.
As usual there will be some spot prizes but no overall series winner.
The Champs will be held on Lake Okareka from Boyes Beach. Racing will allow for Tyros (2.5km), Juniors U14 & U16 (5km) and Seniors U18+ (10km). Medals will be awarded to each age group: Tyros (U12), U14, U16, U18, Open, Masters and Multicraft division. The multi craft division (skis, multi, etc) will be split into U18 , Open and Masters only. For K1s Masters age groups will be split into 35-44, 45-54 and 55+ only if there is a minimum of 3 entered into each age group. Otherwise they will be combined.
We require spectators and supporters to register as well!
Entry Fees: 2.5 / 5km = $20.00 10km = $30.00
9.30 – 10.00am Registration
10.15am Race briefing
10.30am Race start
See the Results HQ website for all results and series leaders.
The following are conditions of entry:
- Paddlers payments can be made on the day.
- All attendees will be required to sign in and provide a phone number for contact tracing purposes and are must use the Covid Tracer App.
- At level 2 all will be required to wear masks until they get on the water and will be required to maintain social distancing protocols.
- We request you follow good hygiene practices and keep 1m apart at all times.
- Please do not attend if you are unwell or have flu-like symptoms.