The Kayak Krazy 10km Winter series is made up club-run paddling races around New Zealand to keep all paddlers active and connected over the winter months.
Race #5 of the 2023 series will be held at Lake Karapiro in Cambridge on Sunday 27 September, proudly hosted by the Karapiro Kayak Racing Club. Open to kayaks, oceanskis/surfskis and multisport boats and K2/Doubleskis.
Age groups/distances/categories will be:
- 12&Under – 2.5-3km Entry Fee $10
- 14&U, 16&U – 5-6km Entry Fee $10
- 18&U, Open, Masters – 10km Entry Fee $20
Race Day Schedule:
10am – Race Briefing
10.30am- Race Starts
Prizegiving will be held as soon as possible following racing
Important Notes to competitors:
- Lifejackets must be worn by all paddlers, no exceptions.
- The Lake is not closed, so keep an eye out for other water users at all times.
- Due to the recent discovery of the Freshwater Gold Clam in Waikato waterways, please CHECK, CLEAN & DRY your craft and equipment before and after paddling at Lake Karapiro or other Waikato rivers. We appreciate your cooperation to avoid further spreading of this invasive species. For more info visit https://www.facebook.com/WaikatoRegion
Enter online now!
Can also enter on the day, but organisers appreciate early entry for planning purposes.
Keep updated on KKRC Facebook page.
To be part of the Kayak Krazy 10km Winter series, you need to compete in 2 races, plus the 10km Champs at Rotorua on 30th September.
For full series information including event dates, points and division details- https://www.paddler.nz/kayakkrazy