The Kayak Krazy 10km Winter series is made up club-run paddling races around New Zealand to keep all paddlers active and connected over the winter months.
Race #6 of the 2023 series will be proudly hosted by Bay of Plenty Paddlesports on Sunday 3rd September on the Wairoa River, Tauranga.
The course will be either one, two, or four laps of a 2.5km loop on the Wairoa River, with the start and finish point in the middle opposite the Bay of Plenty Paddle Sports Club. There are courses to suit all age groups and craft- K1, ski and multisport boats.
Age groups/distances/categories will be:
- 12&Under* – 2.5km (1 lap)
- 14&U*, 16&U – 5km (2 laps)
- Junior 16&U Surf Ski/Ocean Ski – 5km
- 18&U, Open, Masters – 10km (4 laps)
- Multisport (18&U, Open, Masters)- 10km:
- Surf Ski/Ocean Ski ( 18&U, Open, Masters)- 10km
- Double (Any Craft) Male & Female or Mixed – Juniors 18&U, Open, Masters (need to be 2 or more in each age group)- 10km
Masters age groups 35-44, 45-54,55+ need to be 2 or more in each age group to split them out
*Lifejackets are required for all paddlers aged 14 or under.
Race day schedule
High Tide – 08:13 am 1.70m (Note – Event is run on the Wairoa River, which is very tidal due to its location)
8:00 am to 9:30 am Course/Event Set Up
8:30 am to 9:30 am All Event Registrations (entries taken on the day only)
9:30 am Safety Briefing- all Competitors
10:00 am Race start- all Competitors
11:15 am Event Prizegiving for 2.5km and 5km competitors.
End of all racing Prizegiving for 10km competitors.
Entry Fees are based on age groups as follows:
- 12&U,14&U, 16&U- $10 entry fee
- 18&U, Open, Masters, Doubles(all ages)- $20 entry fee
Enter online now
Entries on the day are also accepted but pre-registering is appreciated.
To be part of the Kayak Krazy 10km Winter series, you need to compete in 2 races, plus the 10km Champs at Rotorua on 30th September.
For full series information including event dates, points and division details- https://www.paddler.nz/kayakkrazy