Canoe Sprint Nationals Postponed

Unfortunately, we have made the tough decision to postpone the 2021 NZCT New Zealand Canoe Sprint Championships, which was due to take place at Lake Karapiro (Feb 19-21).

We took the decision based on a number of factors:

***We cannot run the event unless the whole country is at Level 1. We’ve received advice that it is unlikely that all NZ will be at Level 1 by Friday.

***A case emerging may extend or escalate lockdown and thousands of tests have not been analysed.

***Lanes and infrastructure need to commence set up tomorrow morning and a decision is required today.

We know this will be hugely disappointing news for our whole community. However, we are working on a rescheduled date for the 2021 nationals and we hope to make an announcement on this later in the week. 

Note, the planned AGM for Friday evening will still proceed via Zoom call.