This event is run by Welly Paddlers and this year is counted as a leg of the 10km Series. Race just for fun or join in on two races plus the champs to be eligible for a series win.
The Foxton Loop Race is a long-standing event that is currently being run by Welly Paddlers and this year is included in the 10km series. The distances are a little different and the course is really cool and a lot of fun.
Each Kayak Krazy race accumulates points per below. To be eligible to win the SERIES you must race TWO races PLUS the Champs (Double points for the Champs). All paddlers who attend the Champs are eligible for spot prizes but you must have completed two series races plus the champs to be eligible for the series win.
Registration from 11.00 am
Event briefing at 12.15 am
12.30 am All W6’s and surf canoes
12.32 am All Kayaks surf skis and W1’s
12.45 am short courses (3 km & 6 km)
There will be 3 distance options :
12 km (Long course) – head north out the wide section of the loop, turn left once you’ve reached the Manawatu River, paddle approx 1.25 km then turn anti clock wise (from right to left) around the first island then back to the finish.
6 km – short course head south – 2 x laps back up the skinny section of the loop
3 km – short course head south – 1 x lap back up the skinny section of the loop
Due to Covid-19 the following conditions of entry are mandatory:
- Entry information can be found on the Facebook page and entries should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is a condition of entry to LIKE the event Facebook Page.
- All attendees will be required to sign in and provide a phone number for contact tracing purposes.
- Practice safe hand hygiene and minimise contact where possible. We request you follow good hygiene practices.
- Please do not attend if you are unwell or have flu-like symptoms.
Any queries please email email@example.com
Disclaimer: This event is run by Welly Paddlers who are not affiliated to CRNZ and who run this event independently. As such CRNZ is not involved in the running, safety or hygiene practices of this event. We are however pleased to include the results from this race into the Kayak Krazy 10km Series.
9th and below