The Kayak Krazy 10km Winter series is made up club-run paddling races around New Zealand to keep all paddlers active and connected over the winter months.
Race #7 of the 2023 series will be proudly hosted by the Waitara Kayak Club at the Waitara River in Taranaki on Saturday 9th September.
Challenge a mate or come for a cruise- with spot prizes up for grabs and a BBQ on the cards, this is a great way to spend a Sunday afternoon.
Open to K1, skis, multisport boats, Waka ama, Stand Up Paddleboards, K2/Doubleskis and recreational craft.
Distances/Age groups/categories will be:
- 2.5km- 12&U (K1/Ski, Waka, SUP)
- 5km -14&U/16&U (K1, Ski/multisport, SUP, waka), recreational all ages*(K1, ski/multisport, Waka, SUP, other craft)
- 10km – 18&U, Open, Masters*, (K1, ski/multisport, SUP, Waka, K2/doubleski)
* Not a series category
Masters age groups will be broken up, depending on sufficient numbers in each category.
Race Day Schedule:
- 2pm- Registration
- 2.45pm – Race Briefing
- 3pm- Race Start (all categories)
Prizegiving and BBQ will be held as soon as possible following racing (approx 4.30pm)
Entry Fees are as follows:
- 12&U,14&U, 16&U, 5km recreational category- $10 entry fee
- 18&U, Open, Masters, Doubles(all ages)- $20 entry fee
Enter online now
Entries on the day are also accepted but pre-registering is appreciated.
To be part of the Kayak Krazy 10km Winter series, you need to compete in 2 races, plus the 10km Champs at Rotorua on 30th September.
For full series information including event dates, points and division details- https://www.paddler.nz/kayakkrazy