The Manuka Performance Heads to Harbour Paddle Festival is proud to bring you the final race of the Darcy Price NZ Ocean Surfski Series and the National Ocean Ski Competition. This series is created to:
- Promote the sport & grow the paddling community;
- Encourage paddlers to compete, challenge themselves & experience these fantastic events;
- Provide a pathway for paddlers to compete in international surfski events.
The series has been named after Darcy Price, who sadly passed away in 2018. Darcy was one of the driving forces behind ski paddling in New Zealand, founding the King and Queen of the Harbour and the Takapuna Beach Series surfski races. He was also an accomplished anaesthetist and was well known in medical circles for his practice and research. Most of all, he was a fantastic guy and enthusiastic paddling companion – many of us have fond memories of surfski adventures shared with Darcy. We feel that this is a fitting tribute to Darcy and that he would have loved the idea of promoting surfski paddling again in New Zealand, giving more people the opportunity to enjoy this great sport in some beautiful parts of the country. A paddlers best three races of the series will count towards the series results, with a final prize giving at the Manuka Performance Heads to Harbour event. The Darcy Price series will form the selection criteria for the ICF Ocean Surf Ski Worlds team. This is also the 2021 National Ocean Ski competition for the under 23 and open categories.
Saturday 3rd April 2021
- Darcy Price Ocean Surfski Race.
- Ocean Waka Ama Race following the same course as the Darcy Price Race.
ENTRIES ARE STRICTLY LIMITED – GET YOUR ENTRY IN NOW
Venue: Whakatane Yacht Club
Date: Sat 3rd April 2021
- Pick up entry pack: 6pm-8pm 2nd April Whakatane Yacht Club
- Check in and gear check from 9.30-10.30am 3rd April
- Race Briefing: 30 minutes before race start
- Race start: 11am
Distance: 23km – 27km. We have created 3 courses. The course will be chosen the day before the race and will be weather dependent.
Price:Entry fee per boat – $100
Categories: (competitors can use ocean skis or spec skis)
- Individual Ocean Ski Race – Under 18 Male/Female (nationals)
- Individual Ocean Ski Race – Under 23 Male/Female (nationals)
- Individual Ocean Ski Race – Open Male/Female (main race – nationals)
- Individual Ocean Ski Race – Masters Male/Female (40years+)
- Social Ocean Ski Race – Double Skis (One Category)
- Personal floatation device
- Emergency Flare
- High visibility t-shirt
- Smart Phone. You will be asked to download a specific tracking app closer to race day.
- Leg leash
- Sealed buoyancy
Course Options: The course will be weather dependent and will be decided the day before race day. The organisers have the right to change the course at minimum notice due to safety.
Race Rules:To download the race rules follow this link – Race Rules Darcy Price 2021
Host: Soaked in Adventure
- Fiona Cleghorn – 0276267910; OR
- Gary Waller – 0274705556
To enter go here